Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Shenandoah or Bust!


Well I spent the day cleaning and packing to go see my husband's family in Virginia tomorrow. This is their first holiday in their new home since moving from South Jersey where they spent their entires lives up to this point. The plan is to get up very early and head to Shenandoah on our way there, unfortunately since sunrise is so early in the winter we probably won't make it there until a little while after. The last time we tried this we did not see a single deer so I am really hoping our luck is better this time! Skyline drive was open today so our fingers are crossed that all goes as planned in the early am. You are still able to hike the park even when Skyline is closed but with the freezing temps and the kids, we'll just hope it's open.

This photo is from the other day, I didn't use it originally because I don't like when artificial things (like the exercise trail sign) are in my wildlife shots but I needed something to post to see if my account is back up and running again.

I am still a little bummed that somebody messed around with my blog but the problem has been solved and no real damage was done. Again, if there is something missing that you'd like me to re-post, I'd be happy to try but cannot guarantee I will be able to restore anything else.

Have a great couple of days and I will be back Saturday hopefully with some great whitetail pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and have a safe trip. You may want to check the SNP website I think Skyline drive is only open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. through January 2. I would hate to see you get there and have to wait at the gate for a few hours.

    I have been in touch with a contractor there and he says the deer have been very active with the bucks now running in groups. It sounds like it could be a great experience.

    ReplyDelete