Thursday, January 7, 2010

To Brighten My Day



Here are the Shenandoah youngsters I promised and I'm hoping they brighten my day a bit! Last night my husband's car broke down on the highway and after a few hours of waiting and freezing (he was safer outside of the car) he finally made it home. Initial thoughts are that it is the transmission but my hopes are still high that the mechanic will say otherwise. This could not have come at a worse time since we just got through the holidays and am about to begin my last semester of nursing school... I just wish this could have held off until May. Luckily he got home safe and the tow truck driver was able to get it all the back here for us (Ant works an hour and 20 minutes away.) It'sunfortunate things like this that really make one appreciate time spent in nature, not only is it free, but it is the best therapy when times get tough. Thanks for letting me vent, I'm just bummed out and hoping for the best.

Back to the babies! These young whitetails were both trailing a doe which was cautious in making sure they didn't fall too far behind her. These young animals are the future of the Shenandoah herd, I hope the winter is not too harsh on them and they they thrive in their future within the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment