Saturday, January 2, 2010

Shenandoah Buck


This is the same buck that was pictured eating and grazing with a doe a couple posts ago. It's amazing in photography how the photographer can pick out the smallest detail which then deems a photo imperfect. At first sight, I was disappointed that the blade of grass in the second shot was so close to his eye. I was taking this photo from my car but if I had been out on the ground I could have repositioned just slightly enough to eliminate it from the frame entirely but now that all is said and done, I have grown to like it there. It gives a little extra depth of field and some "character" so I'm happy with it.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings, Heather.

    Happen to come across your Wildlife Blog. You have some nice Images.

    I, also, like to take my Pentax K100D and shoot places that I've been and some Wildlife, if I ever can do it. The Whitetail Deer that are around this area are not easy to find. Maybe someday, I'll take a trip down into the Shenandoah Park and see what I can do.

    I was told, not long ago, that there are 2 Bald Eagles living over at a local Wildlife area that is not far from here. I just gotta go see this for myself.

    Nice meeting you & stay well.
    Les

    ReplyDelete